Saturday, April 30, 2005

Odd worship thoughts

Saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the cinema today. It was funny, especially a scene that parodied the church (I'm ashamed to say it but I thought that was one of the best bits!) It's strange how looking from the outside at something like church can make it seem so ritualistic and stupid. But does it change things if we're worshipping I AM rather than the Great White Handkerchief or whoever he was? Surely anything we do to worship God is going to be trivial and not enough to do Him justice?

I think I'm going to go to Surrey Chapel this Sunday, partly to test the water a bit (I haven't decided that church really isn't where I'm at) and partly to catch up with people I probably should have kept in touch with more. Pity the reason is never to worship God *guilty*. Heigh ho.

No comments: