Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Forgiveness

People say that faith is a crutch for those too weak to deal with life without it. I say that it becomes a crutch when I fail to acknowledge at all times that God is bigger and better than me. When life suddenly get hard and I realise I can't go it alone, I'm treating God like a crutch. That isn't what God demands of me. He's not my back-up plan, He's there to be worshipped 24/7, 100% of my time. I tend to forget that when life is great, God is even greater and still demands my worship. 'Faith is a crutch' is my fault. My inadequacy can turn into people's arguments against God, and that isn't giving God His due.

You humble me, Lord
You humble me, Lord
I'm on my knees, empty
You humble me, Lord
You humble me, Lord
Please, please, please forgive me

3 comments:

Carl said...

If it's a crutch, then I must be holding it the wrong way up and poking myself in the eye with it.

Laura said...

Aw Carl :( Tis another good argument for faith not being a crutch though!

Carl said...

Well.. things are improving as we speak, actually, which is cool. I'm back on the right track.