Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pensieve

I can't be bothered to articulate my thoughts properly today. I wish a pensieve was obtainable. If I could get my hands on one, here are some things you might see swirling around in the silvery mist...

- an American Beauty kind of day... completely warped and messed up but somehow beautiful

- "I want everyone clapping before I start this bassline" - worship leader at Proclaimers

- how can heaven be exciting without having to deal with sin and all the problems that come from sin? I'm in a bubble, wrapped up in what I consider to be important and busy trying to better myself when there are people dying in the world and the love of God to tell people about. What do I think I'm doing?!

- "I'd like to go to Oak Grove, they do lots of community things... but maybe too much" - how can a church do too much work in the community?!

- what on earth is "post-Christian" supposed to mean?

- all hype and no God

- what am I really looking for in a church?

- can Jesus and community and fellowship and discipleship and evangelism and passion for God be found outside of churches?

- I need a decent night's sleep. And I wish I wasn't ruled by the moon.

- "how cold is the heart when it's warmth that it seeks..."


Tiredness not good.

6 comments:

Carl said...

If I could have any object, I think it would be a pensieve. My memory is good at times, but sucks at others.

I like the disjointed nature of your post! Some thoughts.

"- "I want everyone clapping before I start this bassline" - worship leader at Proclaimers"

Oh God.

"- what on earth is "post-Christian" supposed to mean?"

Often used synonymously with 'post-Christendom' - that is, the separation of the church and the state, and the moving of the church to the margins.

"- can Jesus and community and fellowship and discipleship and evangelism and passion for God be found outside of churches?"

Yes. (a) read "A Churchless Faith". (b) What everyone seems to forget is that our mission is God's mission already, and he's already on it, and we just join in. We're not going out to plant seeds in the world but to find where he's planted them...

Laura said...

Thanks Carl.

I'm about two chapters into "A Churchless Faith"... seem to be wading through endless statistics at the moment!

Paul said...

keep with it. He starts to plot the journies of different people and why they leave epc churches and then develops a model of leaver sensitive church.

Helsalata said...

Can I borrow "A Churchless Faith" when you've finished with it Laura?

Laura said...

It's a library copy, I can pass it onto you so it doesn't get lost in the system if you want!

Louise said...

""I want everyone clapping before I start this bassline" - worship leader at Proclaimers"

Oh God."

Indeed. Another experince of there is "Ok raise your hands and sing it like you mean it." Surely its better to sing it and actually mean it? Hmm.