Saturday, July 02, 2005

Lethargy

Blogging haitus indeed... started work at Norwich Union this week, maybe that's why! It's been cool, was boring to start with but the training is getting more interesting and I'm looking forward to starting the proper work. I'm so tired! Have been out a more than average number of nights this week as well as working full time so definately in need of matchsticks.

Was Fridays last night, then another 24/7 prayer night with a selection of lovely forumites which finished a couple of hours ago. It was a strange night really, I think we've all been tired from working all week and we didn't do as much praying together as last week. Helen came in at 7am though which was great because we had a together prayer time then and she finished y praying for us all which was nice. It was a good night for discussion type stuff, no particular theme this week though, just bits and ponderings. It's great to spend time with genuine and lovely Christian friends (love you all!), it's a while since I've felt so at home and comfortable with a group of people.

I'm going through a bit of an apathetic time... doing stupid things and messing things up but not being truly sorry or feeling guilty much, so can't be bothered to pray about it. Sillyness. I guess feelings don't count though so I will get my act together hopefully. This quote from Mark really hit home yesterday: 'If you go around calling yourself a Christian then get used to the idea that you've surrendered your life to Jesus, not anyone or anything else.' Kick that into my head, Lord. Being a Christian is such a chore sometimes, I'm so lazy.

Not a lot else to blog about just now... want to post more on that Brian McLaren book at some point though. Excitement. *yawn*

1 comment:

Louise said...

haha misread that as brian mc fadden. sorry i wasnt much use last night. sleep. Zzzzz