Monday, December 27, 2004

A Prayer for 2004

Father, God...

What more can I do than give Your name thanks and praise for all the works of Your hands?

I alow my mind to wonder to this last year, and think to all the things You've shown me; everything through which You've bought me; the hours You've spent by my side, showing me more and more of Your awesome holiness; fulfilling Your will in my life; and blessing my every step.

Thank You, Lord for the spirit of Christmas. Thank You for the opportunities for families to meet again and for the joy bought to child upon child on Christmas morning. Thank You for those who had to work on Christmas day. Help me not to forget them, that my joy might not be selfish. But above all, I ask that Your name might be sought and worshipped as it should... Lord, it is so easy to say all the joy - even that of those who proclaim not to believe - is thanks to that day in the stable two thousend years ago. It is another for me to show the world that: so I rely soley on Your name. Put the words in my mouth I shoud speak and let my actions be witness for Your holy name.

Thank You for every single miracle You've worked this year. Thank You that You have not hidden Your face to Your bride or been angry with Your children. I praise You that You're so amazing - there are more miracles You work in a single day I could ever hope to understand in a lifetime.

Thank You for love.... the love between a parent & child; the love between brothers; the enigmatical love between lovers and most importantly: the You and I have for each other.

I ask that You don't think upon the sins I have done this year. You took the price of them on the cross, and for that I think You as wholly as I can. You are trully an awesome God...... so.....

Lord, bless us: every one.

love benvolio, x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS OFFICIALLY SUCKS AND MY HEAD IS NOW JAMMED IN THE TOILET.

THANKS A BUNCH "LAURA", IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME.

Browno