Thursday, December 09, 2004

Grrr

You are a Guilty Procrastinator

You are a Guilty Procrastinator! This is probably the least constructive form of procrastination. Oh, you procrastinate alright. Trouble is, you don't get any joy out of it. You may leave everything until the last minute, but deep down, meeting that deadline is important to you. Even though you really, really don't feel like doing the work required. Unlike other procrastinators, you are constantly, guiltily, aware of the work you should be doing, and this poisons your joy in the various things you come up with to avoid it. In fact, you have the ability to procrastinate by doing absolutely nothing except agonizing over the fact that you are
procrastinating. Do yourself a favor - learn to rejoice in your procrastination, or learn to
be organised - its not like you're having any fun as things stand...

What kind of Procrastinator are you?
brought to you by
Quizilla
...as seen on Thorpey's blog.

Oh well *sigh*

It's getting desperate... I'm still working on one essay that is now 3 days late, and I haven't even started on the one due tomorrow :(

I'm not sure if this is just because I'm being unorganised and stressing myself out unnecessarily, but the novelty of university is starting to wear off. I'm beginning to get the same trapped feeling that I had during A Levels, wanting to do anything but sit through a lecture, forgetting to take noted because I'm dreaming about being in a better place... This has been fuelled by someone stupidly suggesting we go travelling next year (luvya anyway I suppose), which would be really cool and would be an escape, but it would mean dropping out of university for now. Having a degree in order to get a good job and settle down into mediocrity never appealed to me, but I'm not sure about putting uni on hold... I probably wouldn't return if I did, but should I throw away a place at "one of the country's most prestigious unis," as my dad constantly reminds me? I kind of had sense that this was where God wanted me to be, but I don't know if that was just wishful thinking because I was finally away from home and the monotony of work. Am I destined to become bored with everything I do within a year?

Far too many thoughts.

3 comments:

sparkles said...

Hmm....... it's difficult isn't it.

I echo your thoughts about work and am constantly getting frustrated with myself because I can see the deadlines in the distance, but when do I start the work? Far too close.

I know that if I do it now, it will be done and I can enjoy myself. But why do I still sit at the computer screen playing solitaire, then spider solitaire, then mindsweeper then.... then....
I think I'll give myself a treat or a break, for doing well at something, but then I don't enjoy it cuz I know I should be working, and have that constant guilty feeling hanging over me, instead of just doing the essay and getting on with things!

I know all the reasons for, and I know I'll feel bad if I don't, but why do I still not do it?!

I don't know what the answer is.
Maybe you could talk to your tutors about it.
It is hard getting back into work especially after a year out.
Especially after your brain has been fried by GCSEs, then AS and finally A2. Your brain closes up and refuses to take in more info, textbook pages have to be read over and over again, before you remember what you read in the previous sentence.

At the end of the day, marks don't count this year, so do your essay and get out and enjoy yourself. It doesn't matter how good it is.

Enjoy your freedom and travel in the summer.

Blah

Carl said...

Does your uni/course allow studying abroad for a year? That would be a good compromise.

Stick it out for now - it might get better.

Laura said...

Thanks guys :)