Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Accents

I'm going home to Norwich on Saturday, and looking forward to it which is an unusual but nice feeling. The journey will be a chance to get my teeth into another book, six hours of guilt free procrastination with scenery of the coast wizzing by. I love train journies sometimes.

On Sunday I'll be churching in Norwich and catching up with all those lovely people who never talked to me as much before I went away. I need to do brithday shopping for Mum aswell... don't really like shopping on a Sunday but it'll have to be done before Monday. In the evening I'm going to Audacious... never been before but it'll be cool to meet some forumites :D

Before all the holiday things, however, I have an essay to do. This one's on Columba and the Christianising of Scotland. I got my Exodus one handed in 6 workdays late (and that's all they count thankfully) but it's done. I now hate The Prince of Egypt with a passion though. Education always turns things into horrible mountains of work rather than being enjoyable. English lit used to annoy me in that way because it would wreck my love of a book. Some things are just better left not studied.

It's Zoe's 18th birthday today (housemate) so we've had hilarity and lots of Chinese takeaway and chocolate cake. Zoe and Ari went to see a uni drama production of My Fair Lady last week and have been quoting non-stop... the rain in Spain falls gently on the plane, but hurricanes don't happen in Hertfordshire, Hereford and somewhere else and all that. Zoe blamed me for making her develop a posh accent since she's been at uni, which is laughable because she sounds posher than me with her strange Scottish/English mix, and now I keep finding myself unintentionally inserting "well" into sentences (thas well good tha' is) in an attempt to be unposh, not that I was ever posh in the first place! Ari describes herself as our "token American" and often lapses into streams of "it's, like, sooo cool!" with lots of profanities which I shan't repeat as there's a link to my blog on NYFC. Accents are so much fun.

Only 3 days til home now

No comments: