Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Butterfly Effect

Finally got a chance to watch my DVD of The Butterfly Effect with one of my housemates yesterday. It was so cool, I'd forgotten how good it was. I was slightly disappointed with the director's cut ending though, it was still sad but not as good as the cinema version I think. It was also pretty horrible... but I'm not going to spoil it for anyone! I was also disappointed that they didn't include the cinema ending in the deleted scenes... they had several similar endings, including a "happy sappy ending" (dontcha just love Americans? ;) but not my favourite ending!! Very much worth getting though, it's an excellent film.

I can't believe how great things are going with God at the moment. It's nice to be in a good patch, and hopefully it won't be just a patch. For the first time in months and months I'm looking orward to going to church on Sunday, which is great feeling. It's nice not to dread it anymore. I think I'll go to the charismatic in the morning and the baptist in the evening... as long as I can get this esay nearly finished before then. Will definately go to the charismatic in the morning though.

This essay is a comparrison between the film The Prince of Egypt and the book of Exodus, focusing on Chaptes 1-20. It may sound like fun but it's surprisingly difficult. Having been told all through English to avoid film/screen questions whatever the other option is, I don't feel very confident about writing this essay. But hey, I only need to get 5/20 for the module to get Permission to Proceed (how scary that sounds) so I'm sure it'll be okay.

Been feeling all Christmasy and it's only the 4th December *shock!* Joy to the World is such a great song *grin.* Baaah Scrooge to all you humbugs out there!

1 comment:

sparkles said...

he he 'dashing through the snow, on a one horse open sleigh........'

Cool you're going through a good patch with the big guy :D He is a fab friend! Hope you manage to get to church and stuff.