Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wanderings of a bored person (synonym anyone?)

Feeling horrible today, getting really frustrated with job hunting and I'm having a bad patch with my proofreading course. I'm thinking I should have done childcare or something easier to get a job with. I'm wondering where to go to church next Sunday... possibly Taverham Evangelical again, but I'm reluctant to get involved there because I'm hoping to move out as soon as I can, which will probably be to the city. Possibly Proclaimers, but I'm really not sure I want to go there either. Totally given up with Surrey Chapel. Maybe I'll try somewhere else in the city. Looking forward to starting a small group in the next week or two with a few friends who are in similar positions with church.

As the NYFC forum is unavailable for the next few days (noooo! I'm totally unahamed of being an addict :P), I wandered around the web instead...

Watched a couple of film trailers here. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe looks cool, and I'm pleased to see the fourth Harry Potter film seems to have returned to a similar format to the first two films, I wasn't keen on the third one. Also watched the trailer for Closer, looking forward to the DVD arriving from Amazon, it's late.

Found some interesting pictures on the BBC site about climate change. It's also good to see lots of stories covering the G8 summit, Africa, Live 8 and other things. I was disappointed to read that President Bush has only pledged £350 million for Africa, coming out of an existing US aid budget. Although listening to Radio 4 at the moment, Andrew Marr seems to think this is only the first step of something bigger before the G8 summit in a month. I wish I understood it all more.

I took refuge in Blogdom for a while, SharpReader is my new best friend. I came across Pilgrim's Progress, blog of the Crafty Curate, which is interesting. Check out this version of Psalm 42.

On my web wanderings today, I finally reached the Smile Jesus Loves You Forum, which said:

Attention:
You have reached the very last page of the Internet.
We hope you have enjoyed your browsing.
Now turn off your computer and go outside and play.

...so having blogged on my journey, that is what I shall do.

4 comments:

Harriet said...

i thought the third harry potter film was really good. Why do u think it was different from the others?

i hadnt thought about the way they related to each other before. i couldnt watch the trailer... :(

sparkles said...

so if ya not in with surrey chapel - are you still gonna do the holiday club?

Laura said...

The third HP film was done by a different director and was... dunno how to explain it, ask a film geek!

Don't know about plans for the summer yet.

Anonymous said...

Harry is Gay society is recruiting members now.