Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Books n stuff

Hello readers, I haven't had anything interesting to write about so I've stopped blogging. But I miss it so now I'm just gonna write and see if I can make a story out of nothing (I'm thinking about doing a journalism course after proofreading!)

Reading is one of my favourite ever things to do, something to do with losing yourself and expanding horizons. The world is such an exciting place and there's so much to learn! As soon as I've fininshed 'Mrs Dalloway' I want to start on 'The Handmaid's Tale'. I still have a bookmark in 'The Emerging Church' by Dan Kimball... it's still something I want to know more about but sometimes I just want to get on with life and stop daydreaming, and emerging church is one of those things that don't yet seem grounded in reality in my mind. Looking forward to starting 'In Search of Authentic Faith' sometime soon.

Proofreading course is going pretty well, it's interesting though I'm slogging through learning lots of strange squiggles at the moment which is tedious. But studying from home is so great, as soon as I start doodling and realise I'm bored I can leave it for a while and come back later, and I have no guilt trips because there are no deadlines. I've decided to give myself a target for finishing the course so it doesn't drag on forever, and as I have a handy countdown clock on my computer for Harry Potter 6 (currently 58 days, 2 hours and 31 minutes!) that's my deadline! Should finish well before then though.

Well, that was a pretty good ramble about nothing.

3 comments:

sparkles said...

you make me smile!

glad to hear you're enjoying the proof reading stuff. Sounds nice and relaxed!

Carl said...

Random rambly posts are good - sometimes they can be the most revealing ones about personality and interesting.

Laura said...

Tis my aim in life to make people smile :)