Sunday, May 29, 2005

Stupid title box

Just got back from church, went to TEC again. I know being a Christian shouldn't be based on feelings because they're generally most unreliable, but I'm wondering if today would have been better if I'd gone in a better frame of mind. I was almost ready to not go this morning just because it's one of those days where I'd rather be on my own and not talk to any strangers. But go I did, and it was okay. Another warm welcome, and a couple of people I met last week sought me out to say hello which was nice. The talk was about getting back on track - doing all the little things that help us keep close to God and on the right road, like regular prayer and meditating on the Word, meeting with Christian friends to encourage each other and being part of fellowship in a church (still skeptical about that one).

Haven't done much this week because I've had tonsillitus again and it won't go away. Maybe that's why I'm grumpy! This week I'll be doing more job hunting (latest one is for Costa, yay! I love waitressing), joining a couple of agencies that I had to postpone last week, and getting down to more proofreading work, I've been really lax in that. The grass needs tackled at some point, wooo! I've never felt so contented in life, it's strange because I was in the same position at the beginning of my gap year while looking for the next step, and it was so depressing even though I had uni to look forward to. But I have this real sense of peace now, that it really doesn't matter if things aren't perfect because God is always with me and it's so great to be able to praise him.

Last night I watched 'The Talented Mr Ripley' with Matt Damon, Jude Law (yum) and Gwyneth Paltrow. It was brilliant, a good story based on a novel with some brilliant acting, I think Jude Law got a best supporting actor Oscar or some award for it. It's been added to my reading list!

No comments: