Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ponderings

Today has been productive. I filled in an application form for holiday club work that I'm really pleased with and they're going to think I'm totally amazing and employ me instantly! (Hey, I can dream!) I've also decided that youth work is the field I'm going to go for. All the work experience and voluntary things I've done have been with children and I really enjoy it, so that's my plan. Some kind of further education or training in the next few years is probably in order... a stop at the careers centre first though.

Pondering of the day - is the church built on Peter or Peter's confession of faith? I always thought it was just a wordplay on Peter's name - you are Peter (Petros in Greek) and on this rock (Petra... his confession of faith?) I'll build my church. (Paraphrased badly from Matt 16). It seems pretty silly for Jesus to build his church on a person, makes much more sense for it to be built on the foundation of truth rather than a flawed human. The NIV study Bible says either could be right, as Eph 2:20 talks about the church being built on the foundation of "apostles and prophets", but it fails to mention that the rest of the verse is that Christ is the "chief cornerstone". I still think the foundation being the confession of faith is more likely. I have faaar too much time on my hands.

4 comments:

sparkles said...

nah, you've just got a good pondering brain! I haven't a clue on this topic!

You go girl on the jobs though :D

Helsalata said...

If you are interested in any work experience in the Youth Service, then just let me know. :D

Mark said...

Meditating on the word, it's a good thing!

Mark Tiddy said...

ooh youth work see http://www.oasistrust.org/ for some stuff on training, also the Norwich diosis are doin some training soon i think, i have the details at home will let u know them