Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Window to the soul?

Doing the church history essay now. I've written a paragraph and feel the need for a break.

There's a saying that the eyes are the window to the soul. I think there should be a 21st century update: the MSN name is the window to the soul. It's a chance to hint at what you're feeling, in the hope that your best friend might be online and might pick up on it and give you a vent for your thoughts on whatever it is that's bothering you - "arguments: i hate." Sometimes they're thoughtful and reveal a side of your friend that you never knew they had - "I feel like Alice in Wonderland." And sometimes people want to be taken for who they are - "Alistair". (Or sometimes they have multiple personalities, don't they, Al?!)

This seems to be an unwritten rule - people know that there must be something behind your name. I've been quized on my MSN name twice this week. It didn't really mean anything, it was a random thought in my head one day and I typed it in. I must be the only shallow person out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some fucking excellent shit. Nice one.

BROWNO