Sunday, October 17, 2004

This is me

Okay, here's my first proper post. I think this is going to be a rainbow blog, though with a backdrop of pink, because you must agree that pink is a very cool colour. (If you don't agree, you don't have to look!)

So, first blogging... and I'm stuck already. What a great start. Maybe I'll write a bit about my greatest passion in life: Jesus. I want to follow Jesus so much it hurts sometimes. But it's not an easy thing to do... I'd like to be living for Jesus every minute of every day, worshipping him in everything I do, living an abundant life in God. That's kind of the reason for the title of my blog, it's from Psalm 27:13: "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." I only discovered it the other day. So many "good Christians" (the kind who are really good and write books) go on about how we should be living an abundant life, asking and expecting God's blessing because he wants to give us so much. I've always been a bit sceptical of that. Why would God bless me so much that I overflow with his goodness? But then David, or whoever wrote the psalm, was confident that he would see God's goodness in this life, now, he didn't have to wait until heaven to see the Lord's goodness. I want to be confident of that, and to be confident enough to ask God for it, because living in apathy and unhappiness is no good.

1 comment:

Laura said...

still no comment :(