Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Pink is sooo yesterday

Okay, so maybe I'm leaning towards pale blue/lilac tranquility, I haven't quite decided. But the yucky orange is gone. I really need to learn some HTML so I can edit this and make it mine.

I can't wait for my Theology module to turn into theology instead of philosophy, it's getting boring. Not so much boring, I just don't have a philosophical mind and I can't cope with all the abstracts! And I can't wait to finish this semester and be done with Church History, what an utterly tedious subject. Maybe it's jsut the way it's taught. Or maybe because I haven't done much background reading for the lectures. Never mind, once the essay-marathon is over I'll catch up with all that other stuff.

I'm determined to try out a church this Sunday, I've only been to one so far. That was St Salvator's, the university chapel. It was quite impresive, everyone wore their gowns (except a few first years like me who haven't got one yet!) There was a procession of teachers all wearing their gowns too, led by the "mace bearer" (the mace is supposed to stand for something). Then a huge Bible was paraded in. There was a choir and lots of very crazy organ music. It wasn't my kind of church by a long way, but it was quite cool to take part in all that tradition at least once. I won't be going back. This week it'll either be baptist or charismatic. I'm leaning towards baptist purely for comfort, but I'd like to investigate the charismatic one as well, they intrigue me.

Today it rained. And rained. And rained. It was a pretty wet day. Yes, I'm in Scotland, but it hasn't rained much at all since I got here! I guess the honeymoon period is well and truly over, in more ways than one.

No comments: