Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Lent and life update

It's the end of the 8th day of lent. I felt my first pang of serious temptation to go shopping today. Luckily I've been too preoccupied lately to have any time for shops. Only 38 days to go.

I've discovered Thai Wellbeing in the city, the big purple gym and beauty place opposite Debenhams. They run classes which normally I find at gyms are really full, out of my way and intimidating places to be. But this place is very friendly (and purple!) and on my way home. I went to a 20 minute abs session yesterday which only had 3 other girls attending. I'm aching now but looking forward to go back next week.

Other things keeping me busy have been finishing my third interior design module. I'm working on my fourth now which is all about floor plans and space. This is the first module where the assignment feels true to life - I've been given the floor plan of house with the client's brief and need to come up with a solution.

I've also landed my first proofreading job - a whole novel! And had a request to help the author and his wife with their house decorating project in the next couple of months. Exciting times - my CV is going to look even more awesome by the summer!

1 comment:

sparkles said...

wow, that all sounds really positive and exciting. Well done!