Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hate lent in a childish way :(

This morning I had a clothes crisis. It happens every so often... I experience a feeling of complete and utter despair about my wardrobe and hate my curves and have a little strop in front of my mirror. All this takes about an hour which means my flex time suffers and this morning I woke Ben up prancing on squeaky floorboards between the wardrobe and mirror.

Normally a morning like this would bring on a guilty shopping spree at lunch but as it's a week before pay day and I'm doing this STUPID lent thing I couldn't spend a thing. Plus the winter to summer season change is the one I find most exciting and want to embrace as soon as possible. It feels wrong wearing winter dresses!

I guess this is all part of going cold turkey from a bad habit - it's just my inner child needing to have a strop until I get over it and feel mentally ready to complete the rest of lent with a smile. As my dad would say, it's character building (GRR) and maybe this will have more of a spiritual impact than I first thought.

Talk of the lillies in the field and starving Africa will have to come later. I feel so immature!