Saturday, December 27, 2008

One of us reads books so the other doesn't have to

... is the philosophy in the Foster household, I'm sure you don't need to guess which one of us is which!

One of my unspoken resolutions for 2008 was to read more quality books and stop borrowing so much chick lit from the library. I kept a list in the back of my diary so I could check if the quality has improved and I think it has a little... out of a grand total of 44 books read this year (that I've remembered to write down anyway) I can highly recommend a handful!

I've already blogged on The Shack and The Rules of Parenting so here's the rest in no particular order:

Saturday by Ian McEwan - the most quality writing I've ever read
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
Beloved by Toni Morrison - if you want to understand why Obama being black caused such excitement read this
Chocolat by Joanne Harris
The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
The Island by Victoria Hyslop
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates - film coming on 30 January 2009 with the lovely Kate and Leo.

No comments: