Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Week off

And what a productive week it's been! As the holiday year runs from birthday to birthday I had 7 days spare which I took last week. I go back to work tomorrow :(

The house has had a thorough clear out and clean - it's amazing how much junk we've collected in just a year. I've been to the library a couple of times and enjoyed an afternoon reading a book in Neros (great hot chocolate, I think I've definately switched allegiance from Costa). Met Lauren for lunch in Costa (where they had no marshmallows for the second time!). Sorted the family photo collection. Entertained Dad and step-mum when they visited for the first time on Sunday. Accompnied Ben to two interviews. Made leek and potato soup for the first and second time (first time yummy, second not so good).

And after a week long search including about three supermarkets, found out what mascarpone is and where I would find it! I found a great receipe for a banana and toffee cake but want to wait til I've found all the ingredients. That'll be next weekend's project!

3 comments:

Carl said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you had a good week.

So long as you don't pronounce Marscapone the English way (it being Italian), everything will be fine...

Laura said...

It should be mas-cah-pon-ee, right?

I'm sure I've heard of it as marscapone - maybe the magazine spelt it wrong

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

lol, hadn't thought of it as a magic e