Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ambient Wonder

Ben and I went to our first Ambient Wonder service at St Augustine's last Sunday. It was like Fridays for grown ups.

Work is boring and unchallenging. I'd like to find a new job where I can dress up smartly and be appreciated. Saying that, we're having a charity dress up day for Children in Need in a couple of weeks and we've chosen to do fairy tale creatures and decorate our team area as a castle. Each team will be judged and a winner announced. We did the 1960s/70s last year and lost so we want to win this year! It will be fun to dress up as a princess... or fairy... or a princess with fairy wings...

3 comments:

Heather said...

"Ambient Wonder ... was like Fridays for grown ups." I take that as a compliment, but was wondering if you'd say more about it - not seeing too many similarities seeing as there weren't any guitars, no preach, no madcap notices...! ;)

sparkles said...

oo dressing up! Post some pictures! :D

Laura said...

Indeed I will get photos! It's not til the 17 November though.

I should have said a lot more on Ambient Wonder! Saying it was like Fridays is definatley a compliment - more like the occassionl Fridays with time for reflection and stations to explore a theme. I think I'll blog again and say more.