Sunday, April 12, 2009

Brief Encounter and the chick flicks it's inspired...

Ben gave me Brief Encounter for Christmas (was intended for my birthday last year but it was hidden so well that it got lost for a while!)

It's one of my favourite films and has beautiful music, notably Rachmaninov's Piano Concert No. 2 which sounded strangely familiar...



Recognise it? It took me a few minutes to place the song inspired by it - a song that has become synonymous with chick flicks in the shape of Bridget Jones.

3 comments:

Carl said...

Which song? I can't place it.

Laura said...

All by Myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=0D0zfB1l1x0

Have edited the post a bit as meant to say Rach2 had inspired this song, it doesn't contain it of course!

Helsalata said...

I love Brief Encounter! It makes me howl at the end how loving and understanding her husband is.