Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wedding update

Our plans are finally starting to take shape for the big day. We've also booked our honeymoon, a lot closer to home than originally planned but hopefully a tenth of the stress of travelling. A few days in the middle of the countryside with absolutely nothing to do will be just what we need.

The invitations have been designed and are in the middle of production - at the dining room table!

A jazz band has been sourced, the flower arrangements made (does anyone know where I can get about 150 roses from for a reasonable price?) And another poem discovered - I'm looking forward to finalising ceremony details.


HAD I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

WB Yeats

I stumbled across the last two lines in a book I'm reading and thought how beautifully it captures the vulnerability of loving someone.

2 comments:

sparkles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sparkles said...

everybody is getting married!!! I'm so excited :D

(well not everyone, just a few special people!)