Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sacred space

I've used this from the re:Jesus site at work this week and I think it's helped to let more of God into life at work. It's worth a read. I like the idea of having sacred space - whether that's a place to go and pray or a time set aside during lunch to be with God, or just a concept that even my desk at work can be a sacred space as I commune with God throughout the day.

The daffodil picture below is from a lunchtime walk on Tuesday when I took my camera and said thank you prayers as I walked. I didn't work through the 'querty' prayer properly but it reminded me that the people I work with are loved by God too for all their crudeness and gossip, and in some small way that's helped me to open up to getting to know them better and talking to them more.

A parable from Luke 18 is quoted in Sacred Space which has encouraged me to renew my prayers for a girl who used to be a great encouragement to me as a Christian but fell away a while ago. I wonder what God means by 'quickly'...

No comments: