Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My week in words

I've had a week off work just for fun, back to work on Friday. Highlights have included having Mark and Hayley over (see Mark's blog for photos), going swimming at the Marina Centre in Yarmouth and the Sportspark at the UEA (tomorrow we hope to try the Riverside pool), going to Ben's old youth group, watching Saving Private Ryan, catching up with Dave of the King variety, and aquiring two new comfy sofas!

I've also done a bit of reading this week. PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (daughter of Bertie Ahern) was a sweet read but not much more than that! The writing was sketchy but the plot had a few tear jerking moments which kept my attention. I'm reading The Mermaid and the Drunks by Ben Richards at the moment. Don't be put off by the reviewers on Amazon (who seem to find it difficult to decide if they want to be like Richard and Judy or not!). I'm finding it an enjoyable read and an introduction to what happened in Chilie when Pinochet was around, although it assumes a lot of prior knowledge which I don't have. It has encouraged me to learn more though and I shall no doubt have a browse on Wikipedia later.

If anyone is interested in buying a flute or a laptop (each around £250 and both in great condition) please let me know.

PS If you could pray for Ben about this and for me that would be great. Thanks!

No comments: