Friday, January 09, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

This post is overdue, not being quite the new year anymore, but here are my resolutions for 2009:
  • Finish interior design course in good time
  • Lose winter weight - helped by having weekly weigh-ins with a group of people at work!
  • Be more groomed, have regular hair cuts (I hate hairdressers), don't go to work with wet hair etc - I did this on a regular basis because sitting under a hair dryer for 10 minutes (long hair) is just too boring. But make more effort I will.
  • Spend more time with God and get involved with a church
That's it for this year and I'm pleased to say I've made a start with all of them. I still have my patchwork quilt to finish from last year's resolutions and I'll post pictures as soon as it's done. One more square to go.

I signed up to 43 Things which is handy for keeping track of goals and cheering each other on, although it doesn't always seem that active. I got an email from my past self yesterday asking me how things were going with God - handy nudge!

Making my new year's resolutions coincided with starting a new diary - I've kept a diary pretty consistently since I was about 14. I have a bit of a thing about stationery and was pleased to discover Laurel Burch's artwork through picking up this blank book in Waterstones. Keeping a diary is always more satisfying when writing in pretty books.

2 comments:

sparkles said...

*sigh* I love pretty stationary. Stationary is dangerous to the bank balance!

Looking forward to hearing updates on the grooming - something I always wonder whether I should be doing more of myself...

How'd you get an email from your past self?!

Laura said...

I'd set up a reminder on 43 Things and completely forgotten about it by the time it arrived!

Talking of grooming I'm half way through a programme on iplayer about 1940s fashion - it talks about how women were always immaculately dressed and groomed despite clothing being rationed and bombs being dropped around them. An inspiration for my resolution I think!