Monday, February 05, 2007

Help!

I'm in the middle of my spelling and grammar proofreading test and have spotted most of the mistakes. I think a few more of them are split infinitives, but can anyone spot the mistakes in these sentences? There's meant to be at least one spelling or grammar mistake in each:

* Climbing the stairs yesterday, his leg suddenly gave way.

* Driving through the park yesterday, a stag jumped out in front of us and was hit by our car.

* Stranded at the station, the strike left Mick with no alternative but to take a taxi.

* When just a baby, my mother took me to India.

* It was her, and not the girl who owned the horse, who came out of the stable carrying the saddle.

* When something goes wrong at work, she is always more philosophical about it than me.

This is probably cheating, but I don't think I've yet developed the supernatural skill to spot all mistakes that experienced proofreaders seem to have!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

"it was her.... etc" shouldnt be a comma before and. always a no no.