Tuesday, February 06, 2007

For all those afraid of the dark

I have a bit of a thing about watching films that turn out to be scary. I try to make sure I don't watch anything above a 15 rating and anything that has excessive violence or blood and guts etc, because otherwise I have huge trouble sleeping the next few nights and every single noise is an intruder, every dark shadow a stranger standing in the room.

I thought Derailed might be okay but it turned out to be one of those films! (I didn't have the benefit of the Amazon synopsis and it had Clive Owen in it!) Good film but too scary for me.

On a more positive note, I came across these words in a re:jesus daily prayer (they have a pretty good prayer section that I've just rediscovered). From an evening prayer:
The darkness will come but in the darkness the light of Jesus shines... Jesus, help me to find the peace you offer. Just as I surrender to sleep, encourage me to surrender and trust you. You are the light in the darkness.
Amen

2 comments:

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

Sweetheart, you're a wuss!

For those who weren't party, La was bolt upright in bed until 4am unable to sleep.

We still love you and such sissyness adds to your wonderness.

Mark Tiddy said...

horror films are great...watch house of wax