Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Johnson's baby lotion is better than church

10 things since last blogging

1. I finished Jamaica Inn, I can't believe [that guy] was the real baddie! Maybe the ending redeemed the book, but it was still sluggish in the middle.

2. Jodi Picoult is the most gripping author I've read in ages. The Pact is great, not the best writing but I couldn't put it down and annoyed Ben by reading it non-stop one weekend.

3. Wedding planning is harder than I thought. The current favourite idea is having a ceremony on the beach and having everyone bring a picnic for the 'reception' - how cool would that be! (Ok, so not so cool for the guests expecting a fully blown party, but if they want to pay for it...). All our hymn considerations were vetoed by mother-in-law-to-be on Sunday so we might have to rethink!

4. On Sunday we had a barbeque (mother-in-laws are mainly great, she gave us a cool little barbeque and brought all the food!) Ben enjoyed being the man of the house and left all the cooking to his big brother!

5. Orange broadband (formerly Wanadoo) have a great offer on at the moment to get free broadband when you have a mobile contract with them. We intend to take full advantage of that.

6. On Saturday Ben and I purchased one pink Tesco Value flying disc for 49p (not suitable for under 3s due to severe choking hazard - I'd like to meet an under 3 who can fit a frisbee in their mouth!!). We went on an adventure with flying disc and bottle of squash to Waterloo Park, which was pleasantly deserted in places. And thus we did enjoy the sunshine, but not the ensuing sunburn.

7. Humid, muggy weather is the most disagreeable thing in the world. But yay for thunder rumbling in the distance...

8. The 'friendliest church in Norwich', as I've heard it described, is lovely, but much too suffocatingly n-i-c-e. I agree with Ben that it's a once-in-a-seven-month-experience. And therefore Johnson' baby lotion is much nicer than church and I don't want to go back to any church ever again. Other than to improve my social life I don't see the point at all.

9. Ben started his new job with gusto two weeks ago, and is working late this week. I get to be lady of the house for a couple of hours, and it's nice to be able to make dinner before he comes home. I want to be a housewife!

10. I'm currently job hunting, I'm feeling totally undervalued at work and most definately under-paid. I have a second interview for a not so exciting job next week. In a perfect world I'd finish my proofreading course and set up my own amazing home business, then I'd get to be a housewife too, but it's ticking along far too slowly. Another reason why Ben working late ocassionally is good - I have some time to do (anything other than) proofreading!

PS YESSSS!!! It's finally raining properly!

11 comments:

Phil said...

Hey Ella, the most important thing to remember about wedding planning is that it's your wedding and no-one (even mother-in-laws) should be overriding what you guys want.

(Still struggling with your new template sizing.)

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

sweetness, that pic is awful :p

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

that's what I'm talkin' about!

sparkles said...

I've somehow aquired two of those frizbees. I remember you having the most amazing cloth one at school...

Where's Ben's job?
Where's yours?

Laura said...

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about that cool cloth one! I think the rim was filled with beans, it was great.

Sorry about the template sizing. It looks okay in IE and Avant now but I still don't know what's wrong with Firefox. Maybe I'll ask Carl if he wants a summer project...

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

TPS insurance company. In the Big posh white looking building at the castle meadow end of Prince of Wales Road (Has `NFU Mutual` stamped across the front)

As for La, she sounds too reminissant to answer but she's still looking for alternative work...

Laura said...

I have a second interview on Monday for a similar job with better pay - also for a slightly smaller company than NU so hopefully won't have so much of the annoying red tape and statistics to meet

Rach said...

Wow a wedding on the beach sounds like a great idea - how cool would that be (apart from maybe running away from the waves as you say your vows).

What hymns had you chosen?

Laura said...

Just some based on a flick through Mission Praise one night - How Great Thou Art, And Can it Be, Praise my Soul, In Christ Alone, When I Survey...

monty said...

Good choice, great songs

monty said...

Good choice great songs