Saturday, February 11, 2006

Update

Shocking lack of posts lately, sorry about that. I've been working and doing lots of overtime (extra money :) and not doing much else. Winter evenings are lovely for being cosy at home and playing games. Sequence is a current favourite, and chess too but only when I'm winning.

I've had Wednesday to Friday off this week which has been great, I've done loads of housework, visited Mum and had time to experiment in the kitchen. Toad in the hole went a bit wrong but apple crumble is hopefully going to be delicious later! I spent most of yesterday afternoon in Marzanos reading 2 Samuel, a post about that later perhaps.

Ben and I went to see Memoirs of Geisha this week. It had some breathtaking scenery in it, and it was a very beautiful yet sad story. It's next on my reading list once Ben's finished it. At the moment I've started I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith; judging by the first chapter it should be good. I've also discovered Neville Shute's books - A Town Like Alice is so antiquated and lovely, and the forum library pleasantly surprised me yesterday by boasting a chunk of books by him.

As for DVDs, latley we've watched The Island (yay Ewan McGregor!) and The Mask - I can't say I was impressed, Jim Carey only has so much comedic talent.

Other highlights of the past month or so were going to Helen's 21st party and baptism (great!), Ben having his debit card cloned and £400 stolen (not good) and going to Surrey Chapel pretty regularly (undecided). More posts soon!

2 comments:

sparkles said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!

I need to read memoirs of a geisha now too but it's a bit of a fight at the library for it! I found the film great, but a little confusing - hence needing to read the book.

What other curinary delights have you mastered?! ;)

Laura said...

Well apple crumble went pretty well last night, though should have used cooking apples cos it's too sweet! I've made chocolate cake a few times now and it's getting better gradually - not as good as I made it years ago! Apart from that just boring stuff for dinner like sausage caserole. Ben cooked a whole dinner for me a couple of weeks ago - delicious stew and fruit salad, yum!