Thursday, January 20, 2005

Changes

Ben is fantastic and great and I love him and he has a huge ego and should be very pleased that he's the first thing I talked about in my blog today. *mwah*

*cough*

Anyway... sorry for not blogging for so long. I've decided to quit university. It seems kinda pathetic that I can't even stick it out for a year, but way back in year 13 when I was applying and every stage since then I've had serious doubts about the whole uni thing. I've really struggled to stay motivated (and failed miserably) and i don't see the point in wasting money being here when it's not what I want to do. It's great to learn things but I don't enjoy learning under pressure and never have done. I've got a meeting with the Pro-Dean for Arts tomorrow (how scary does that sound?) and hopefully it can all be wrapped up then, and I'll be home on Monday. It seems really hurried, but it's an ideal place to stop as the semester finishes after my last exam on Saturday morning, and it's something I've thought about for a good two years. It seems silly to start another semester when I've made up my mind.

I'm not sure what comes next... maybe back to my gap year job for a bit (waitressing in a hotel). I miss that... which kinda makes me feel like an uneducated idiot. But never mind, I enjoy doing it and that's what matters. Maybe I'll do some kind of evening or correspondance course because I don't want to quit education completely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Well from one uni dropout in a long-distance relationship to another - Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that first comment was me, by the way...

Thorpey

Anonymous said...

throwing your life away for some twat of a boyfriend. Go back to uni and finish what youve started.