Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spiritual Detox - Day 1 - Eat well

I'm starting this spiritual detox, and rather than just reading through the book and gleaning gems I'm going to be working through it day by day to learn through experience - hopefully making it a more lasting thing.


The book is Detox Your Spiritual Life in 40 Days by Peter Graystone. Normally I'd come across this kind of book and see it as a faddy thing (like the Purpose Driven Life, urgh!) and ignore it. But I read the first chapter on Google Reader and it seemed worthwhile.

Day 1 is to eat well, the idea being that this will be ongoing through the 40 days (which incidentally will end on Ben's birthday!) Today I've eaten good nutrious food and enjoyed it, and feel much better for it. Lately I've been eating junk and snacking at work out of stress, but happily a stressful situation was taken out of my hands today which is extremely cool and conducive to my detox. Very good day :)

No comments: