Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wedding update

We have another meeting with our vicar booked in a couple of weeks to talk about the ceremony arrangements - finally the meat of the planning! I'm looking forward to deciding the vows, songs and readings we use as this is going to be the really important and meaningful part of the day. I think we'll be going very traditional - good old fashioned hymns and most probably the traditional vows including to obey.

As for the rest of the planning, we've designed the invitations and have started making them. There's a tiara in the post (yay!) and I'm going to bed worrying about my dress order. Ben's going suit hire hunting soon. And there's the whole guest list headache - I am NOT looking forward to the seating planning! It would be so much easier to elope...

5 comments:

sparkles said...

eloping (elopping, elopeing - none fo them look right!) could be fun!

Phil said...

I have no probem with the 'obey' vow IF the groom sticks to his side of the bargain and loves the bride as 'Christ loved the church'.

Quite a challenge,but what a great way of doing it.

Ben F. Foster Esq. (c) said...

i think the guy who designed the vows was a genius - the obey vow isn't dodgey, because that's not all the guy is saying - the vows encompass lots of aspect - love honour cherish etc which only make sense when practised in harmony with one another

Laura said...

Exactly, that's why I have no problem with promising to obey because I know you keep your side of the bargain by loving and respecting me!

Paul said...

In the Anglican liturgy if memory serves me correct the obey bit is optional but if you have it the equivalent in the groom vows is worship. Heather and I did the obey and worship version.

I'm not sure how formal though nicholas is....!